Harry Potter And The Philosopher’s Stone by J K Rowling – A Book Review
I personally have always admired and resonated, particularly as Harry, his struggles in the muggle world, the challenges he faces, the lack of empathy and love is something I feel like – Been there, done that… For me, life had been tricky and challenging at a point when I felt isolated, felt unloved, felt alone… Well, I guess all of us surely at some point see a bit of ourselves in Harry, don’t we? And that time Harry Potter And The Philosopher’s Stone by J K Rowling Came to my rescue.
Harry Potter and The Philosopher’s Stone by J K Rowling
Turning the envelope over, his hand trembling, Harry saw a purple wax seal bearing a coat of arms; a lion, an eagle, a badger and a snake surrounding a large letter ‘H’.
Harry Potter has never even heard of Hogwarts when the letters start dropping on the doormat at number four, Privet Drive. Addressed in green ink on yellowish parchment with a purple seal, they are swiftly confiscated by his grisly aunt and uncle. Then, on Harry’s eleventh birthday, a great beetle-eyed giant of a man called Rubeus Hagrid bursts in with some astonishing news: Harry Potter is a wizard, and he has a place at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. An incredible adventure is about to begin!
Having now become classics of our time, the Harry Potter ebooks never fail to bring comfort and escapism to readers of all ages. With its message of hope, belonging and the enduring power of truth and love, the story of the Boy Who Lived continues to delight generations of new readers.
It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.
Well, wise words from an equally wise personality, one we all surely have been looking up to for ages now. Dumbledore. Yes, that one man who has always, for me at least, had the power to transform almost anything. People always say that with Dumbledore around, anything is possible. Yes, anything and absolutely everything.
You guys must be wondering why I am discussing Dumbledore today. Well, I thought let me do something really cliched today. Yaar, ”Suraj ko diya dikhane ki koshish kar rahi hoon.” Not understood?
Well, I thought let me try and list down some reasons why we as readers need to keep rereading Harry Potter and The Philosopher’s Stone time and again. In short, I thought of attempting to write the book review for this mega classic, a title that shall go down next to the most celebrated and revered titles such as the Bible or The Lord Of The Rings. A story that not only has an enigma but is a parallel world, one which we love to revel in, indulging in its magical alleys, basking in its mystique, resonating with its characters, living it through the entire series with them in fact.
- This being a story laced with magic and magical world-building, what I sincerely feel is that with such a premise, not only does reading become indulgent but the fact that it is a hypothetical premise is the perfect escapade for a truly delightful read. Possibly, the most ideal backdrop for a series-Magical world…
- Not only are the characters closer to life, but they are also relatable. Be it Harry’s naivety, Hagrid’s kindness or the benevolence and the wise demeanour Dumbledore is famous for, Rowling has ensured that each and every character has been carved -yes indeed carved to the utmost perfection. You cannot help but get smitten by their charismatic presence and the aura that they impart. You shall be absolutely enthralled and spellbound by the manner in which they connect with you and that too for keeps!!
- This is the first book of the seven-part series, one which pursues Harry Potter’s journey from a common ‘Muggle’ to becoming a great wizard, defeating Lord Voldemort, who happens to be not only the darkest wizard of all times but also his arch-nemesis as he is Harry’s parents killer too. The story gets intriguing right from the first instalment itself.
- Not only is fantasy one of the best genres to read but it happens to be the best one to expound and elaborate on. This I say from the Authors point of view as a strong premise and genre is needed to build upon in case one plans a multi-part series for the writing.
- A plot that promises emotion, fantasy, idea and execution, all equal parts is the constitution of this super series. Readers stand genuinely interested at the end of this one to know what transpires next in Harry’s life with regards to the magical world and his tryst with it. Whether he manages to find his true self in the strange world which has been introduced to him, where in spite of being the Magical community, people love and respect him or contrary to his human world where there is no love and respect he has ever seen in his life. A perfect premise for a perfect read !!
So, these were some of the reasons I feel are the true vitalities why we keep re-reading The Harry Potter And The Philosopher’s Stone by J K Rowling and love it to the core.
This was a piece of my heart for you guys, not a review to be honest but more amusing of sorts.
Stay tuned for more exciting stuff coming up, only here @Boooxul, your destination to the best in the world of entertainment, travel, lifestyle, books coz hey we love books!